You may choose to accept or decline our cookie usage.
Would you like to represent the residents of Croxley Green and help keep it special? Then why not become a Parish Councillor. We have 2 vacancies available.
This is a great opportunity for a resident of Croxley Green to join the Council. Please get in touch with us to find out more about the role. Closing Date is Thursday 22nd September 2022 and prospective candidates will be invited to attend a Parish Council meeting Thursday 29th September 2022.
Application forms can be downloaded here.
To be eligible to become a councillor, you must:
• be over 18 years of age.
• be a British subject, or a citizen of the Irish Republic, a commonwealth country, a UK dependent territory or another country in the European community.
And meet at least one of the following:
• be on the Electoral Roll for the Parish
• live or work within the Parish and have done so for the last 12 months immediately before you are nominated.
• live within 4.8 kms (3 miles) of the Parish boundary.
You cannot stand if you:
• are employed by that council.
• have been declared bankrupt within the last five years if you have not repaid your debts.
• have been convicted of a criminal offence and sentenced to not less than three months imprisonment within the last five years.
• you hold a politically restricted post for another authority.
• you have been disqualified under any legislation relating to corrupt or illegal practices.
Closing date to submit applications is Thursday 22nd September 2022.
Croxley Green Parish Council is sad to learn of the death of Cliff Vassiliou, resident, business owner and parish councillor. Cliff was our longest serving councillor and was chair of the council from 2002 to 2005. His passion, words and actions were always directed to the good of the residents and community of Croxley Green which he called his paradise. His contributions, wit and wisdom will be sadly missed. Our thoughts are with his wife, children, grandchildren and all those who mourn.
Each year, the Parish Council looks for individuals or groups living or working within Croxley Green who deserve recognition for their outstanding achievements and contributions to the village. This is your opportunity to give something back to those who care by nominating them for the Hazel Seeley Award 2022.
Some examples of the help that nominees might give are:
This list is by no means exclusive. Other examples will always be considered.
The award is named after former Parish Councillor Hazel Seeley whom served continuously on the Croxley Green Parish Council for 18 years.
To make a nomination please complete the form which you can download belo.
Residents can apply for a road closure for a Platinum Jubilee street party online @ https://www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/services/highways-roads-and-pavements/changes-to-your-road/street-parties-and-special-events.aspx before April 21 2022.