Would you like to represent the residents of Croxley Green and help keep it special? Then why not become a Parish Councillor. A Casual Vacancy has arisen in Dickinsons Ward. However, you don't have to live in Dickinsons Ward to represent the residents there.
This is a great opportunity for a resident of Croxley Green to join the Council. Please get in touch with us to find out more about the role. Prospective candidates must be able to attend the Parish Council meeting on Thursday March 26 starting at 8pm at the Parish Council offices.
Application forms can be found downloaded here or pop into our office to pick up a paper copy.
To be eligible to become a councillor, you must:
• be over 18 years of age.
• be a British subject, or a citizen of the Irish Republic, a commonwealth country, a UK dependent territory or another country in the European community.
And meet at least one of the following:
• be on the Electoral Roll for the Parish
• live or work within the Parish and have done so for the last 12 months immediately before you are nominated.
• live within 4.8 kms (3 miles) of the Parish boundary.
You cannot stand if you:
• are employed by that council.
• have been declared bankrupt within the last five years if you have not repaid your debts.
• have been convicted of a criminal offence and sentenced to not less than three months imprisonment within the last five years.
• you hold a politically restricted post for another authority.
• you have been disqualified under any legislation relating to corrupt or illegal practices.
The deadline for applications is Tuesday March 24.